Cement mortar and mixed mortar are common and commonly used materials in decoration, but many people in life do not know what is the difference between cement mortar and mixed mortar. Let’s take a look at the difference between cement mortar and mixed mortar.
The difference between cement mortar and mixed mortar
Cement mortar=cement+sand+water, used for the foundation of masonry masonry and a few parts in indoor plastering.
Cement mixed mortar = cement + sand + gypsum + water. Used for masonry on the ground and most parts of indoor plastering.
1. Cement mortar simply means that cement, sand, and water are configured through a certain ratio; while cement mixed mortar is configured through a certain ratio of cement, sand, gypsum, and water.
2. If it is used for decorative plastering, it should be cement mixed mortar for internal walls, and cement mortar for external walls and bathroom walls. If it is used for masonry walls, use cement mortar below the ground and cement above the ground. Mixed mortar, this is mainly because cement mortar has good water resistance, and cement mixed mortar has good water retention. In a dry environment, the bonding ability of cement mixed mortar is greater than that of cement mortar, but in a humid environment, the strength of cement mortar is greater than that of cement mixed mortar.
3. If it is plastering below the ground, the facade is waterproof, and cement mortar is used, but it is mixed with waterproof powder. In addition, the strength of cement sand will be higher than that of mixed mortar, so cement mortar should be used for corner protection around the door and window holes.
4. Cement mortar is easy to crack, which is one of the reasons why mixed mortar is used for interior wall plastering instead of cement mortar. In addition, from the appearance point of view, pay attention to the water retention of cement mortar during transportation. In the bumpy process of transportation, the water on the surface is cement mortar. Mixed sand), and the workability and water retention of mixed mortar are better than cement mortar.
5. Mixed mortar: After adding lime paste, the workability and water retention of masonry mortar are better than cement mortar, which is convenient for construction and operation and saves cement, but the strength is reduced, and the waterproof and moisture-proof ability is poor. Generally used for +-0.000 The above parts are not moisture-proof. Cement mortar: mainly used in wet parts such as basements, hydraulic engineering, etc. Compared with mixed mortar, cement mortar with the same label has higher strength than cement mortar. Therefore, the specification stipulates that cement mortar should be used as corner protection for door and window openings.
The fundamental difference between cement mortar and mixed mortar is that the composition materials of the two are different, that is, the distribution ratio is different. From the quality point of view, the mixed mortar is better and not easy to break. The price of cement mortar and mixed mortar depends on the price of concrete and sand. If the workmanship is fine, the price will be different.
The above introduction is related to the difference between cement mortar and mixed mortar. I hope it will be helpful to you. I believe that after reading these introductions, you will have a general understanding of the difference between cement mortar and mixed mortar.