Plastering gypsum mortar is a newer, more environmentally friendly, and more economical product that replaces cement mortar. It has the strength as cement mortar, but is healthier, more environmentally friendly, and more durable than that. It has large adhesion, is not easy to powder or crack, no powder, easy to use and cost saving. In terms of unit price, plastering gypsum mortar seems to be more expensive than cement mortar, but plastering gypsum mortar has many advantages. In general, the cost per square meter plastering mortar is lower than cement mortar.
Next, let us take a closer look at the characteristics of gypsum mortar.
1. It basically solves the problems of hollowing, cracks and shedding of the plastering layer. At the same time shorten the plastering construction period, compared with the traditional cement mortar plastering process to improve the efficiency of 1.5-2 times.
2. The bulk density of plastering gypsum mortar is 1㎏/L-1.3㎏/L, and the bulk density of cement mortar is 1.7㎏/L-1.8㎏/L. When the thickness of plastering is 13㎜-14㎜, 1 ton plastering gypsum mortar can be applied 75㎡-80㎡, while cement mortar can be applied 45㎡-48㎡.
3. The labor quota required for the process operation to obtain a 100 m2 high-quality decorative wall surface is 83.4 hours for the gypsum mortar, and 167.2 hours for the cement mortar. Compared with the cement mortar, the gypsum mortar reduce a large number of operating process procedures and save about twice the labor consumption.
4. It can eliminate the chiseling process on the concrete surface and shorten the plastering period.
5. Decorating on the surface of the plastered gypsum mortar can save decorative paint and glue for mounting. For example, 106 paint for general wall is 0.3㎏/㎡-0.5㎏/㎡, while 106 paint for plastered gypsum wall is 0.2㎏/㎡-0.3㎏/㎡.
6. The plastering gypsum mortar strengthens earlier and hardens faster, which is suitable for rushing to meet the deadline.
7. The gypsum mortar has strong bonding performance, basically eliminating hollowing and cracking, and reducing rework.
8. There is less dust on the floor during the construction of gypsum mortar, which reduces the waste of materials and labor for cleaning.
9. Gypsum mortar is more suitable for construction in winter than cement mortar, which can save a lot of winter construction insulation costs.
10. Gypsum mortar is a class A fireproof material, which can improve the fireproofing, sound insulation and heat preservation of buildings.
11. The sales price of gypsum mortar seems to be more expensive, but in engineering applications, the overall cost is not more expensive than traditional plastering materials. For example, the thickness of the plaster layer of gypsum mortar can be less than 3mm, while the thickness of plaster of cement mortar needs to be above 6mm-8mm.
In summary, the construction cost of using gypsum mortar can be reduced by 10-15%, and the phenomenon of rework and waste is reduced. It is a high-quality environmental protection product developed by new technology. It has significant economic and social benefits, and it will inevitably replace cement mortar.